This really is the best chili in the universe...to me anyway. I have tried a billion gazillion variations of this formula, but I always go back to this one. It is great for the slow cooker, but you can simmer it on the stove too. And as you can see in the photo, it is good on everything. I serve it on hot dogs, over fries or tots, and on top of a bed of corn chips. I have also melted it into Velveeta for a yummy dip. I often freeze the leftovers in single portion sizes to pull out for lunch on a cool or rainy day. It is a fall favorite! I make it a lot on game days, it is a perfect football companion.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package original chili seasoning
- 1 package spicy chili seasoning
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 32 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans Rotel with liquid
- 1 large onion, diced
- toppings: diced raw onion, sliced green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, saltine crackers, corn chips, hot sauce (like Texas Pete), Sriracha (we like it hot around here)
I should note that I think I originally saw this recipe on Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee but it's hard to be sure, since I have been making it for like six years.
This post is linked up at the following super fun linky parties: