Labels

Sunday, January 27, 2013

7 Day Media Fast: Day 6



Day six. The next-to-last day before the end of our 7 day media fast. 
You would think that I would be eager, even anxious, to get make to "normal."
The thing is, "normal" isn't quite so appealing.
For 6 days my family has felt so much more tight knit. My kids spend all day playing [mostly] gleefully. My fella and I have talked as much as when we were first dating.

 I haven't said one 
"Can you believe what _____ said on Facebook today?"
or 
"I saw this thing on Pinterest..." 
or 
"I can't right now, I'm watching _____." 

Nor have I heard any 
"Mom! I can't hear the tv!" 
or 
"In a minute honey, I want to finish this level." 
It has been awesome, truly.

On the eve of the end of the fast, I feel like I am about to leap off of a cliff, plummeting into a sea of distractions and disconnectedness. 

So what am I going to do about it? Check back in tomorrow to hear about the permanent changes I have decided to make in regards to media.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


                                      It just takes one click to vote, and you can vote every day!

1 comment:

  1. My family & I recently did a short media fast during our week of prayer/fasting the first week of January.
    Reading some of your blog I kind of chuckled...at least we're not in this alone!
    & to think how much of an issue media has become in our lives, and in the lives of our children.
    I personally found that we spent more quality time together that week than we have in a long time.
    Thanks for sharing your journey! :)
    Rachael (http://thelearningcurveparent.blogspot.ca/)

    ReplyDelete